Every patient who attends a consultation at Newcastle Fertility Specialists will have a review of their specific circumstances & receive detailed lifestyle & health advice. It is just part of the service! We have a dedicated brochure with health advice & information on sex.
Who needs more help with sex when the internet abounds with sexual content?
The trouble is there is so much misinformation regarding sex & conception we feel we need to be pretty specific. If you come along with your recent cycles we can help advise on when you will be most fertile in the coming months.
Below are some of the highlights of our advice:
- Don’t smoke
- Eat a healthy diet with lots of veges
- Take a folate & iodine prepregnancy vitamin supplement
- Ejaculate regularly
- Drink alcohol in moderation (it's less than what you think!)
- Maintain a healthy bodyweight
- Make sure your papsmear & vaccinations are up to date
- Have regular sex when fertile
- Screen for genetic disease
Download the Planning for Pregnancy brochure.